We've heard about this Thoroughbred street since our first December here. It's one of those streets where all the houses are decked out with lights and people come from far and wide to experience. Well, we didn't go our first year here. We didn't go our second year here. BUT, this year, we went.
And let me tell you...
IT.
WAS.
MAGICAL!!!
I loved it I LOVED IT I LOVED IT!!!!
Look at this house! Not remarkable, you say? Look again. We're in California - there's no snow here. So what's on the lawn? Batting.
This house had a miniature ferris wheel that rotated as well as a train that drove around the track surrounding the big tree.
This is Mallary, Me, Jen, and Brandi. We decided to let Brandi in the picture, even though she wasn't wearing yellow:)
I thought this was comical so pulled out my camera to photograph, but everyone thought I was being mean. I just assumed the head got broken in storage, so they improvised by placing a brick in it's place. You're smirking too, huh? See, I'm not that mean! (Unless of course it was vandilized and the culprits placed the brick there, in which case I would be condoning the committing of crimes, which, for the record, I am not.)
What made this night extra amazing was Raquel. I'm sure she won't remember a thing, and probably didn't get much of a thrill out of the night, but she was ANGELIC! Even though it was incredibly late for her, she just snuggled into our shoulders and remained perfectly content. She even stayed awake until the final 10 minutes. Watching our friends and their young kids, Luis and I realized that from here on out, each year will require greater athleticism and better tracking skills. All we have is good numchuck skills, so I guess we'll have to trade those in for more practical skills.
If we were to remain Californians, this would definately become a family tradition. (I said, if mom... calm down.)
2 comments:
I would LOVE that street! I wanna go there!!!!! I may have to resort to betting on my ugly green grass.... I want it to be white & fluffy looking!!! I wonder how much that would cost?!???
I love it!! Also, I think numb chuck skills are actually pretty useful--especially when raising kids! ;)
Post a Comment