Not that I want to post every time we have a date, but I thought this was creative enough to share.
Our Gingerbread Date
The first step, is to turn on some Christmas music. Then, patterning our gingerbread houses after the Ferguson Family "graham cracker houses," we got out all the fixin's for decoration. (I highly recommend the Cookies and Cream Kisses. Super yum. The coconut M&M's are also yum in small quantities. They get real old, real fast.)
Before we could actually start decorating; however, we had to earn points in order to "buy" our candy.
Being that it was MY date, and being that I wanted the MOST candy, and being that I am a FORMER teacher, I found the perfect way for us to earn points. We each got the exact same worksheet (crossword, word scramble, etc) and had five minutes to finish. For each correct answer, we earned 1 point. (In case you're wondering, I earned something like 287 points and Luis earned around 4.)
After earning points and purchasing our candy, we built our houses.
Lu's house.
My house.
And now for them to sit out for two weeks as we pick off a few pieces here and there until we finally throw the rest out...sound familiar, dear family?
1 comment:
Fun date! I like the points system. Maybe I should use that in my family, but let them earn points for chores!
Post a Comment