Wednesday, January 30, 2013

My Baby is One!

I have been so excited for my baby to turn one!  What an accomplishment for her to now be a "year-er" instead of a "month-er."  (Though, I guess she is still a little bit of a "month-er" until she is outgrows 12 month, 18 month, and then 24 month clothes.)

A few days before her birthday, she received a package in the mail.  Almost nothing makes us more excited than packages in the mail!  I guess that's one perk of living far far away.  Inside the package we found a chunky puzzle and an outrageously cute petti-skirt.  Thanks Grandma & Grandpa!


Normally, we would have to wait to open birthday packages, but I had a feeling there would be some fun outfit inside that Raquelita would want to wear on her birthday.  (We did check with Daddy to make sure he didn't think the skirt was too wild for church, but luckily he gave his consent.)

Two days later, it was birthday time and Mommy & Daddy's turn to give gifts.  We have been hanging on to some of these toys since pre-birth, so I was super excited to get them out of our hiding spots (not like she's even mobile enough to go looking) and present them to our chulinda.

Not surprisingly, the wrapping paper was a pretty big hit.


Her birthday dinner request was homemade pizza, which she devoured.  Afterwards, cake time!  I put so much thought and effort into her cake last week, that I let Luis come up with her birthday cake this time.  He suggested a piggy face, to keep the farm theme going.  I unofficially put him in charge, which meant I was to bake the cake and he to create the masterpiece.  Unfortunately, life got busy and I ended up throwing it together last minute.  Thank goodness it was a simple idea!  I only wish I would've been smarter about the candle placement.  Tragically, Raquel's sweet and innocent piggy looks like he's smoking a joint.  I'm going to go ahead and blame that on Luis.


 After cake and ice cream, our little woman went off to bed.  I guess we should've let her stay up because Mother Nature suddenly decided to surprise us with one final present for Raquel...
California Snow!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone!  Raquel had a super duper day!

3 comments:

Charisse said...

Poor sweet Raquel, with a pig smoking a joint cake! Ha ha! I don't think I would have even thought that if you hadn't said it!!

Julia said...

That is some joint smoking barnyard pig--made my day. Still miss ya Ashley M.

*Brandi said...

Um...how did I not realize it snowed? So weird. Anyway...I'm glad she had such a fabulous birthday. Her skirt is SO CUTE! And you just can't trust those pigs...it's like they're swine or something.