Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Doce Meses!!!

When Raquel born, I thought about what the year would be like and how much fun all the holidays would be with a baby.  I even envisioned what she would be like when she turned one.  That day seemed so far away, but now that it has come and gone, it's surreal to see how much she's grown.

It's a good thing Daddy was around because he quickly turned the photo shoot from this...

...to this.  She adores Daddy.

Raquel at 12 months
  • A whopping 16 1/2 lbs and 29 1/2 in.
  • Her hair is 5 inches long.  Love love love.
  • She has informed me that she will never crawl.  It's unrefined.  Instead, she cruises around on her feet, holding on to our hands.  She also scoots around a bit on her bum.
  • She is eating all sorts of grown-up food now.
  • She loves the book, Llama Llama Red Pajama.  It's the only long book she'll sit and listen to.
  • Out of nowhere, she'll start laughing at her own private joke.
  • She turned one and is suddenly, MAGICALLY, sleeping through the night!
  • Her newest words are "duck" and "hi."
  • She L.O.V.E.S. to stand on the bathroom counter (yes, we're holding her) and look at herself in the mirror.  She makes faces at herself, waves, and jabbers on and on.  It is probably my favorite moment of the day.
But seriously, wouldn't YOU stand and look at yourself in the mirror if you were this gorgeous?  I know I do.



3 comments:

*Brandi said...

OH MY GOODNESS! She is SOOOO cute! I love all the pictures you took! You are hilarious, as always. I had no idea you liked to stare at yourself in the mirror. ;)

Amber Madsen said...

Her outfit is all-out Diva-Licious!!! What a cutie girl!! My kids always adore their Dad more than I...I think that's just how mommy-hood goes! I still can't believe she's 1!!!!!!

Melinda said...

She is one beautiful little girl! Hooray for being one!