Thursday, June 28, 2012

Our Mini to Sea World

This past weekend, we went on a mini vacation to Sea World.  It was Raquel's first trip away from home, and it was epic.
First, we arrived to our hotel.  It was your run-of-the-mill cheap hotel, so we tried to be there as little as possible.

First, we had dinner at a pizza joint that had an awesome mascot.


Then we found a doughnut lady who directed us to a nearby park.  Aren't doughnut ladies the best?
Check out Raquel's mohawk.

On Saturday morning, we got up and went down for our free continental breakfast.  The choices were limitless.

Oh wait, there was more.

Needless to say, Luis and I stuffed ourselves.

Next stop: Sea World

Quick story about Raquel's hat.  We decided the night before we left, that we needed a hat for Raquel to protect her head from the sun.  There are a disappointingly small amount of baby hats on the market, but we finally found this adorable polka dot hat.  The bad news, is that it did not match the outfit I had already picked out for her to wear.  So, Luis had to help me go through all Raquel's outfits for...I'm gonna say 30 minutes... until we finally found a matching outfit I was happy with.  Poor Luis.









Oh yeah, and this is one of two toys Luis and I bought at Sea World.  We're such shmucks.  It is semi-hideous, but I'm finding those are usually the best liked toys.


4 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

I love that the hat HAD to match the outfit. & I also love the hideousness of the penguin thingy Ra-Ra is smothering. Too funny!!!

Charisse said...

Love your little getaway! Glad you guys had a fun time!!

The Fergy Bunch said...

I am sure they will be her most prized possession. Phoebe's favorite animal when she was little was a hideous bear she was given at my company party we officially named "Ugly Red Bear."

Cami said...

She is such a cute little girl! I am dying to go on a vacation. Looks like that was a fun one!