Friday, March 11, 2011

My First Baby Shower...

No, not MY baby shower.  My first baby shower for someone else.  And, I threw it all by myself, which was a bit intimidating and scary.  (Okay, I did have some phone help from my ma and sistas)  Thankfully, the mommy I threw it for was really chill and a lot like me. 
NO GAMES PLEASE!

Apparantly, I'm still novice when it comes to finding inspiration on the web.  Everyone finds great ideas via google, but I'll tell you what... googling baby shower cupcakes turned up impossibly adorable (professional) creations; googling homemade baby shower cupcakes resulted in impossibly horrid ones. 

However, I finally found one cute, easy idea, which the sister missionaries helped me create. 

Here's the finished look. Can you tell what they are? No, not lollipops - they're BABY RATTLES!



Then, I had some fun trying out some tips in my decorating kit. I'm not trying to toot my own whistle or anything, but for a first timer, I think they look pretty good (toot toot!).


The shower commenced...

...and here are some probably not super interesting pictures of people sitting at the shower.

My Brandi Friend


Congrats, Brandi! 
We can't wait to meet little C!

Click here if you think I did a good job.



(If you just clicked on here, you have my thanks.)

4 comments:

*Brandi said...

Nice post, Ashley! I almost beat you to it, but not quite. Yours is much more witty and fun to read than mine. Thank you SOOOOOOOOOO much for the awesome shower! You're the best!!!

Amber Madsen said...

Good job Sista! It looks like it went over well! Sorry I'm a slacker Sista who didn't make the decorations I said I would! :( Did you get a new camera? Which one did ya get?

Charisse said...

It all looks great! I love those cupcakes, they are darling!!

*Brandi said...

Oh...and I'm sorry for calling your cupcakes lollipops at first. It's QUITE clear that they are meant to be rattles.

If it makes it any better, I tried to click on "here" because I thought you did an amazing job. You little trickster.