A few months ago we received notice that our entire complex was going to be painted. We got a sneak peek of possible color options when they tried out some of the possibilities on one of our neighboring buildings. I was really excited for the new look. That was until I saw the paint color winners. Here are two shots of the BEFORE look.
And here are the AFTER shots. I really hated these new colors. Every time we walked by Luis got to hear me murmur, "ugly ugly ugly!" It was one of my main topics of choice whenever I saw a friend from the complex. "Don't you just HATE the new paint?" I must say though, I am getting used to the new look.
And this is my black door.
Speaking of paint, here's a paint job I don't think I've blogged about yet. It's very possible I have posted this, but since I can't remember and am too lazy to check, I thought I'd just throw it in here. When Luis and I got married, we needed a table. Since none of my siblings would "hand-me-down" their tables (which I thought was quite selfish of them), I had to buy my own. So, mom, Luis, and I began to frequent DI. Fabulously, we happened upon a pretty junky-looking table which we were able to FIX UP with paint. One move later, it looked like this.
Since we brought the paint with us to California, I decided to fix it up so it wasn't so disgraceful. Isn't she pretty now? The bad news is that the finish we put on it isn't great. Some of the paint has already peeled off again. Drat!
(By the way, if you're wondering what my title has to do with this post, you're not alone. I myself am quite confused.)
3 comments:
Ashley you are so funny! I think the complex looks fine. Your table looks really nice. You should ask at a paint store if there is a food-safe poly layer you can put on your table to keep it from peeling. Lily's dresser that is that same stuff scratches and peels really easily too. It's lame!
Are you kidding me!?! I LOVE the new paint job! Much better than the old. You are a fool to think it was EVER ugly!!!
With your post title, I was expecting your complex to be painted every color of the rainbow. When I saw the actual "after" picture, I was very relieved!!
Post a Comment