Thursday, November 4, 2010

M-I-C K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E

First of all, I would like to report an actual fact.  When Walt Disney first created the famous mouse, the name was originally Mortimer Mouse.  I like to sing it that way.
"M-O-R   T-I-M   E-R-M-O-U-S-E"

Dennis & Julie (bro. and sis-in-law) won a free trip to Disneyland in sunny California which meant...you guessed it...we got to join them!  Luis had never been to Disneyland so we were both ecstatic!  Since it was October, everything was decked out in Halloween attire.


Did you know there is a Disney fire station?  We could care less about it, but since we were waiting near the entrance for Dennis and Julie, we decided we might as well take a picture.

 Being the lame-o that I am, I brought ponchos for Luis and I to wear on the water rides.  Luis refused, but Julie was more than happy to don the fashion statement with me. 
(Side note:  yes, my poncho is on backwards, but guess who's head remained dry - BOOYAH)

There are some rides that are more of a tradition even though they are less than thrilling. 
Haunted Mansion was just too cute to pass up.

Girls are made of sugar and spice all things nice.

Boys are made of snips and snails and puppy dog tails.
(I don't know what's wrong with them.)

It had been YEARS since I'd enjoyed bumper cars.  The cramped seating was probably an indication that it's a kids' ride, but who cares?  We were some of the only riders who can zip up our own pants.   
These pictures are a bit blurry because my spastic brother was on the close-up setting.
 

If you know the story, you know that we just COULDN'T pass up this photo op.  Yes, that is the Rickity Rackity Boutique...or in other words, the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique.

This HAD been our first ride of the day, but since we forgot to take a picture, we had it taken when we went back.  It was nearing hour 14 of Disneyland, which you can tell by our frazzled half-dazed expressions.  (Well, I guess Luis usually looks like that.)

All in all, it was fun FUN FUN!

1 comment:

Charisse said...

Oh, it looks so fun!!! It is my dream to go to Disneyland in October when it is all decked out and festive!! How about I live my dream through you right now?