Saturday, November 6, 2010

Airbending & Waterbending Power

This Halloween we did all the usual Halloween things like decorate a pumpkin and dress up.  We were sad not to be in Utah or Texas so we could see little nieces and nephews (and brothers and sisters) dressed up in Halloween garb.  Since my side of the family was getting together on the Friday before Halloween for an early "trick-or-treating" party, we decided to be there with them...via live video.  It wasn't quite the same as being with them in person, but we had fun talking to everyone and seeing their faces.

Very few people knew who we were.  Can you figure it out?






Obviously, our excellent disguises and "bending" moves give it away.  We dressed up as characters out of one of Luis's favorite shows...The Airbender.  
Luis was Ung, the Avatar, and I was Katara, his waterbending sidekick.

Luis really enjoyed putting on makeup and creating his staff.  Yeah, he freehanded that dragon using a Sharpie.  Pretty impressive, right?

6 comments:

*Brandi said...

Wow! You guys look great! My siblings would be very impressed and they would have known who you were right off the bat. They are OBSESSED with that show. (They like the tv version, but not so much the movie).

Lindsey said...

You guys are so cute. I love this blog, Ash!

Charisse said...

I love your costumes!! I really love your boots. Would you like to tell your favorite older sister where you got them? I am in need of some boots and can't find anything I love yet!

Ashley Ferguson Moreno said...

Charisse...those are slippers from Walmart.

Amber Madsen said...

That dragon is AMAZING!! I *love* your amazing bending skills! Maybe when you come back to Utah you both can be in my gang ... not for your ninja skills, but for your bending skills. What do ya say???

Vanessa said...

Oh my gosh Ashley, I have spent the last 10 minutes laughing until I pee'd my pants....can I just please request that you post a blog EVERY day so that I can have some entertainment each night before I go to bed?! You are so funny, I love how honest you are too, its refreshing :) So happy to see married life is treating you well!