Our trip was perfectly timed. My sister Megan and her husband Blake have been living in Dallas for the past six months. They drove down for the weekend while we were in Seguin, and then moved back to Utah the following week. I'm so glad we got to see them - especially since we won't be seeing any of my side of the family again until August.
Megan & Blake taught Raquel about the ipad, as any hip aunt and uncle would (Luis and I are still in the dark ages. Our last piece of new technology was Lu's ipod touch in 2010, though I am considering buying myself a new walkman one of these days .)
We then took Megan & Blake to see the sights, starting with a monument dedicated to the world's largest pecan, claimed to have been found in Seguin.
Later, we ventured into San Antonio and visited the Alamo. Yep, I'm pretty sure I still don't really know what happened there...
... though it must have something to do with Davey Crocket, because I got this! Jealous? You should be. I wore it as we walked along the River Walk. I bet the passers by didn't even realize it was trendy to wear a coon-skin cap until they saw me!
After grabbing a bite to eat, we got to go see my cousin Alison, who lives in San Antonio. It's been a long time since I've been able to sit down and chat with her and her husband. It was really nice to see them.
2 comments:
You and Meg are like twins! The only way I can tell you apart is by your coon skin! Such a brilliant purchase!
The picture of you in the coon-skin cap is absolutely epic. I think you probably better make a large print, frame it, and put it up in a prominent spot in your home.
Post a Comment