On Monday, we drove down to Laredo, Texas, a border town about 3 1/2 hours away from Seguin. Luis's cousin, Martha, lives there, and let us stay at her house overnight. We weren't able to cross the border, but we did get to visit with Lu's Tia Mague, who lives with Martha, as well as Tia Chavela and cousin Alejandra, who crossed from Mexico to see us. I got a lot of Spanish practice at Martha's house. They all only speak Spanish, including Martha's two little girls. I don't think those two ever did understand why I only said "si" to them. A couple of times I tried the old "no habla espanol," but they just only grew more puzzled and continued asking me questions.
Raquel LOVED having kids around, and Martha's two daughters equally loved having a baby around. They shared their toys with her...
(From left to right: Mariana, Carla (cousin to the two girls), Adriana, and Raquel)
(From left to right: Mariana, Carla (cousin to the two girls), Adriana, and Raquel)
...and Raquel shared her books with them.
(From left to right: Mom, Alejandra (Lu's cousin), Tia Chavela, Luis, Raquel, Adriana, Mariana)
(From left to right: Luis, Adriana, Martha (Lu's cousin), Tia Mague, Raquel, Mom)
1 comment:
Raquel's smile kills me every time. She's WAAAAYYYYY too cute! :)
Post a Comment