Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Raquel's Baby Blessing

Luis and I never thought we'd have so many visitors able to come see us.  That was before we had Raquelita.  Babies certainly know how to draw a crowd.  We decided to give Raquel a name and blessing in church on March 25th, and so throughout the weekend we had visitors galore!

First up, we were expecting the arrival of abuelo y abuela Moreno y Tia Mague.  We found the perfect outfit to welcome them.

 Abuela Moreno

Abuelo Moreno

 Tia Mague


Next up, came Grandma and Grandpa Ferguson, Aunt Charisse, and Uncle Davey.

Grandma Ferguson

Grandpa Ferguson

 Aunt Charisse
Uncle Davey
The verdict is still out on Aunt Charisse and Unlce Davey.  As you can see, Aunt Charisse suffocates her in a burrito...

 ...and Uncle Davey, well, he's Uncle Davey.

 Although, Charisse did help mommy here put the buttonholes on Raquel's dress which I was too traumatized to attempt alone.  That helped redeem her from the burrito.

Oh yes, did I mention that I made Raquel's blessing dress?  Who knows what possessed me to try sewing such an important dress after my 10 year hiatus from sewing, but thanks to countless phone calls to Mom, Charisse, and Amber, Raquel's dress (and matching flower bow) turned out pretty well.




Raquel's next visitors were Uncle Dennis, Aunt Julie, and Cousin Afton.
Aunt Julie
Unle Dennis
Cousin Afton

Afton loved having her own personal baby doll and was determined to dress her up in all the different outfits she found in Raquel's dresser.  She especially loved a little yellow dress that was nearly identical to the green one Afton was wearing.
That was all the family we expected to see; however, a few minutes after Dennis, Julie, and Afton came in, there was a knock on the door.  It was a total shock to see Amber standing outside our door!  Unbeknownst to nearly everyone, she had hitched a ride with Den & Julie so she could surprise us all.







After church, it was a bit crowded with our family and friends at the luncheon, but at least everyone found a place to sit their seat.



Afton must have been having the best time out of everyone for she certainly found plenty to do.  She flirted with the boys.  "Hey boys..."

 She swept off my porch.

And she cuddled with Grandma after naps.

She even found more time to play with Raquel.

 
It was a noisy, chaotic, weekend, but we had so much fun with everyone.  Luis, Raquel, and I were sad to see everyone leave.  Raquel can't wait to meet the rest of her Ferguson and Moreno families!

5 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

She was truly a doll! I'm so glad I got to hold that cute little bundle! It was fun to surprise everyone! I just can't wait to come see y'all soon!!!! :)

Anonymous said...

So sad we couldn't be there! We can't wait to meet the cutie in person!

Grandma Susie said...

Raquel's dress is gorgeous, Ashley! Your dormant sewing skills came back to you quickly! I am glad you had so much family support. Families rock!!

*Brandi said...

Yay! What a special weekend. Thanks for inviting us over to celebrate with you! It was so fun to meet more of your family members.

Charisse said...

So glad I was able to "redeem" myself! Ha! thanks for letting us intrude on you over the weekend! I had so much fun meeting sweet little Raquel!!