Saturday, March 3, 2012

One, Two, Buckle My Shoe

One month has zipped by faster than seems possible.  People warned me that all I needed to do was to "just get through" the first 6 weeks of my baby's life. It wasn't until a ward friend told me how wonderful these first weeks were that I realized I might actually enjoy this time...and I do! I love having my little buddy with me all the time. She is such a sweetheart and I am having so much fun being her mommy. We're reading books, learning our numbers, singing primary songs in both English and Spanish, and I have never felt happier. What a blessing Raquel is in our lives!
Facts about our Little Lady
  • She is now 9 lbs 9 oz and _____ in. long (I plan to measure her later.)
  • Her longest hair measures 2 inches.
  • When she cries, she actually says, "Wa."  I may or may not have let her cry just so I could video tape this.
  • She loves falling asleep to the ocean sounds on Lu's IPOD.
  • Her longest sleep stretch has been 7 1/2 hrs.
  • She can count up to 10 (okay, maybe this one's not true).
  • Her favorite book is 5 Little Monkeys.
  • Her first seemingly intentional smile was at Daddy while he was talking to her.

1 comment:

Charisse said...

I can just picture you with your ruler pulling Raquel's hair to measure the longest piece!