Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just Because!

A week or two ago, Luis came home with flowers for me... just because. 
I LOVE just because!


I was watching Elder Scott's talk on marriage and was once again reminded how important all those "little" things are in marriage. 

I love reading the blog Dating Divas (linked on my page) and finding creative ways to show Luis how much I love him.  That's where I found the idea I'm blogging about now, "The All About You Basket."

(Read the original idea here.)

Start by creating a list of 101 reasons you love your hubby.  Print them out and stick them in the back of a container.


Then, take some of those ideas and buy objects to go along with them.  I tried to think up ideas of what to buy BEFORE heading to the store so I didn't wander around and around.  Still, there were some ideas that came to me while shopping.  It was so much fun coming up with creative - and cheap - ideas.  (Plus, it has been my "quiet activity" for the past few nights as Luis studied for his final.)







I did end up spending more than I had originally planned, but feel justified because many of my items are necessities: toothbrushes, soap, clothes, silly string, etc.

Finally, put it all together.

This would be such a fun idea for a birthday or anniversary, but I couldn't wait, so I'm giving it to him
JUST BECAUSE!

6 comments:

Charisse said...

Silly string is a definite need. You never know when a silly string fight will break out, and if you are not prepared, you will be very sorry!

Grandma Susie said...

You are both very sweet and thoughtful!!

The Suchers said...

That is really cute. I did something similar, "10 things I Love About You" While Stew and I were dating. You're a little behind on what's cool. :P

*Brandi said...

What a great idea, Ashley! Thanks for the idea...and the blog link. I'll have to check out these "Dating Divas."

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Ha ha! I love how silly string is a necessity! You crack me up! I love your blog by the way! You are so funny and witty! :)

Vanessa said...

What a fun gift basket! I might have to copy you ;)