Saturday, February 19, 2011

Cupid Didn't Disappoint

Tradition in my family means that on Valentine's Day, Cupid comes and leaves a candy trail leading from your bed to your seat at the kitchen table where another special "treat" awaits you.  It was always magical to me as a child...and still is!  Partly, I'm still a child, and partly because Cupid STILL leaves a trail for me (and Luis)!  I don't know how Lu always gets in on the action, but he does.

Cupid snuck this picture of Luis and caught him drifting over to my trail to get all the good stuff.  Luis is S-O-O-O busted!

Cupid was less sneaky with my picture.


For dinner, we made our own YUMMY version of Papa Murphey's chicken, bacon, artichoke pizza.  It was delish!  Now we have a nearly full can of artichoke hearts that I'm sure we won't find a use for.  Anyone need some artichoke hearts?



I didn't really plan a dessert, so after naming off some ingredients with potential, mom helped me come up with this.  It is a combination of oreo cookie filling and brownies.   We then put vanilla ice cream on top because it wasn't quite "hip-loving" enough for me.

For some reason, Cupid forgot to leave special gifts at the end of our trails, but we did find them a day later in a Target sack...strange. 

Isn't this gift perfect?  The best part was when we found this shirt at the store, all the larger sizes were taken.  I guess skinny guys don't love twinkies like they should.  My guy knows how to love a twinkie.  In fact, it's all we've got in our 72-hour kits.  TWINKIES never go bad and I've heard they give you wonderful nutrition.  Even smooshed beyond recognition, you can still lick them off the wrapper and find complete satisfaction.

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

3 comments:

*Brandi said...

Looks like you guys had a fun day of love as well. I like the candlelight dinner setup! And a bottle of bubbly on the table - you can't go wrong there. That dessert looks "dee-wish-ous" (as Bennett would say).

Amber Madsen said...

Mmmm ... That brownie/oreo looks DELICIOUS!!!

Charisse said...

I wish you were closer, I would take those artichokes off your hands. I bet if you don't think you can use them soon, you could freeze them for another yummy pizza another time!!