Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I Am Back

Yes it has been a long time since I last posted.  Most of you I know are having withdrawls.  Some have slunk into mild depression.  A couple of you are rocking in the corner.  However, the sun has come out and I am back.  Part of my long absence was a lack of anything interesting to blog about.  Partly, I was gone for 2 weeks to visit my motherland.  But what about post New Years?  I have been on the couch, suffering as no one should suffer with a horrible, nasty, miserable cold.  As I endured, I learned some things that I would like to share.

1.  The human body produces 1 liter of mucus per day.  Mine produces 3.
2.  Vaporizers are somewhat traumatizing.  They resemble monster faces, glow in the night, and creepy-breathe at me like a phone stalker.
3.  Luis and I can last at least a week on food storage.
4.  I can last a week on popsicles and jello.
5.  Luis eats cactus and egg with ketchup.
6.  I can sleep propped upon 3 pillows.
7.  I get strange looks when pulling out a roll of toilet paper from my purse to blow my nose.
8.  Luis is a very effective soother.  He strokes my hair and reads his research behind why snow is white.  (Now I feel better!)
9.  The only time I like milk on my cereal is when I'm sick.
10.  I need some training on how to brush my teeth when my nose is plugged up.

3 comments:

The Fergy Bunch said...

I heard that you were sick and after our last bought with death here I have similar feelings.

1. Humidifiers don't really do anything, but make your pjs damp, still I use them anyways since all the drs. tell me to
2. Why is it that everyone swears by Sudafed, but it does NOTHING for me and when I tell people about it everyone else says they have experienced the same. Is it possible the drug really is only useful when cooking meth??
3. Why is it that everyone brings you the BEST food when your sick and can't barely eat it or taste it at all?
4. I have learned that my kids LOVE Jello especially the blue kind.
5. The only time in life I don't love & crave milk is when I am sick.
6. Even though it sucks being sick it is a little bit nicer when someone is in the same boat with you.

Charisse said...

I have been huddled in a corner since you went back to Cali unable to do anything but refresh your blog over and over *hoping* for an update. You make me smile!!

Alyssa N Matt Royer said...

I have been in a mild depression since you have not updated and the fact that we did not hang out when you were here. You are so funny I can just see you standing in line at a store and pull toilet paper out out of your purse!! Glad your feeling better.