When Luis and I got married, I switched to his bank account. However, everytime I've gone into that particular bank, Luis has been the man in charge. Today, I had a check to be deposited. After Luis talked me through the process beforehand, I decided to be bold and go it alone. Since there are fancy machines in the lobby, I decided to try that. Luckily, no one was around when I walked up so I could take as long as I needed without being labeled. That lasted mere moments before other savvy bank-goers appeared. I did just fine right up until I had to put the check into the machine. That monster started beeping at me as it waited for my check, thus letting everyone around me know how long it was taking me to figure out how to get my check in. "You just slip it in lady!" Since the beeping blared worse than a school fire alarm, even the parking lot customers knew about the idiot inside. The beeping went on for an agonizingly long time as the people next to me stole candid glances my way. It was torture. Who knew the check had to be pushed all the way to the right? I do now!
Then, later today I was picking up a Redbox flick as my treat for being a good little housewife. I got my oil changed, updated our insurance, and purchased our groceries. I even called maintenance about our bag of blueberries currently intwined in our ice maker (wait for that on another blog installment). Now Redbox, I have done before. Please... sooooo easy right? NOT right! Come on, you know what it's like standing behind someone at Redbox. Customers have the right to take as long as they want, but inside you're thinkin "Hurry it UP already!" Reminisant of the bank, there were witnesses nearby to observe my unability to function in the modern world. Not my fault when the machine didn't recognize my selections or my debit card. There was a segment on the Today Show the other day about how we all tend to turn into our mothers. Thanks mom.
1 comment:
You make me smile!! (and laugh hysterically. Glad I wasn't behind YOU!)
Post a Comment