Thursday, July 22, 2010

Krispy Kreme

Bad news:  there is a Krispy Kreme within walking distance of us - literally.  Pepper was craving these very doughnuts on Monday night, so we walked there.  That's right.  My husband makes me walk for doughnuts.  Normal doughnut-eating people would hop in their cars and drive on down to be sure they don't expend too much energy.  Then, they'd prop the doughnut box on their bellies and watch Food Network.  Not us.  I couldn't help singing "Pioneer Children" as we trudged down the nicely paved sidewalk the exhausting three blocks to our destination.  Remember that song?  "Pioneer children sang as they walked and walked and walked and walked AND walked." 

One thing I learned from this trial:  Rancho Cucamonga Krispy Kreme has a wildly different assortment of doughnuts than Layton Krispy Kreme.  We ordered flavors such as Strawberry Shortcake, New York Cheesecake, Buffalo Bill Critters, Banana Creme, and Lemon Cake.  (Okay, one flavor in there I made up, but I'll never tell which one it is.)

4 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

Mmmmmm ... I think I will get me some doughnuts TOMORROW!!!!

Amber Madsen said...

AND I am SURE i will DRIVE myself there!!! Mmmm ... Maybe even tonight!!!!

Charisse said...

I love all your updates!! It looks like you guys are having tons of fun! Yummy to have doughnuts so close! yum yum!!!

*Brandi said...

Where is this Krispy Kreme you speak of? I have yet to find the place. I guess we haven't ventured very far if it's within walking distance. Ha ha.