Thursday, May 9, 2013

Unnecessary

As I pulled out batch of cookies number nine from my oven today, I was taught an important life lesson that I would like to share.

It is almost never necessary to make cookie dough that calls for 7 cups of flour.
There are a few exceptions to this rule, which I will outline below.
  • It is your neighbor gift at Christmastime.
  • You are hosting an event and expecting 108 guests.
  • You have 17 offspring that require brown bag lunches every day.
  • You run your own bakery.
  • You are planning on freezer-storing a year's worth of Family Home Evening treats.
  •  Your name is Annette Ferguson, you are having a few family members over for lunch, and you're worried about not having enough food.
  • You are the PTA president embarking on a bake sale.
Otherwise, it is unnecessary.  Next time, I'll remember.

2 comments:

Charisse said...

Or, you are planning on sending some cookies to your favorite sister Charisse and her family!! I can't wait to get my cookies in the mail!!

*Brandi said...

Unnecessary is a perfect title for this post. I still can't believe you made that many cookies. Good thing you didn't put chocolate chips in them. That would have taken MOUNDS of chocolate chips.