Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Easter

I have been really homesick for Utah these days.  I didn't feel homesick during Halloween, Thanksgiving, or even Christmas.  However, lately, everything seems to remind me of Utah and the fact that I haven't been there in 15 months!  This time, it was our family egg hunt that I longed to attend.  The good news is that some friends from the ward got together for an egg hunt of our own.

 (Raquel guarded her loot well by keeping an eye on the sketchy babies nearby.)



At home, daddy helped Raquel draw her first Easter bunny.  Growing up, we Ferguson children never had a real Easter basket.  During egg hunts, we used sacks.  For Easter morning, we made our "bunny baskets" out of paper grocery bags.  Call us ghetto, but it was one of my favorite traditions...and now it's Raquel's turn.

Sadly, as our Saturday before Easter progressed, Raquel became more and more sick.  On Sunday, she had a fever, runny nose, and the saddest eyes I've ever seen.  She ended up staying home from church.  (I can't help but wonder if she did all that to get out of wearing the outfit I made for her.  I didn't think it was THAT bad.)

 Thankfully, she rallied and had enough energy to open her gifts.




A few days later, once her soggy nose dried up, Raquel was forced to wear her Easter outfit anyways.


3 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

Glad she's feeling better!! I love her outfit & especially her pose with her hands out like Ta-Da...I'm one hot girlie!!

Charisse said...

I love her "sketchy babies" look! Also, she looks like she was pretty serious about her bunny bag! She must be an artist in the making! I love how her dress turned out! So so cute!!

*Brandi said...

Sketchy babies are the worst. :)