You know that tradition where the top of a wedding cake is saved, frozen, and then consumed a year later? Yeah, we forgot step three. So, we prolonged the whole tradition by an extra year and delved into our cake for our second anniversary. Wedding cake on night of wedding = yummy. Wedding cake after two years = nasty. I'm not sure who thought up this tradition, but I would like to suggest a slight adjustment. How about eating the cake while it's yummy? Then, when anniversary time rolls around, order a piece of the same kind of cake. The taste is sure to beat a year's worth of freezer burn.
The above-mentioned cake sampling took place in Utah a week or two before our actual anniversary. On our anniversary weekend, we began our celebrations by painting a baby dresser. (Lucky Luis!) Then, we went to see Sherlock Holmes 2.
Our dinner plans led us to The Cheesecake Factory. It was yummy, but A LOT of food. I was full at this point...
Luis and I tend to judge our service by how many times the waitress brings us bread. Service was good that night! We were even sent home with a container full of their yummy brown bread.
Of course, no anniversary is complete without a trip to the local Mexican market.
All of this celebrating took place the weekend before our anniversary date of January 9th. What did we do on our actual anniversary? We rented Kung Fu Panda 2 and ate left-overs.
Happy 2 year Lu!
2 comments:
Our cake was still yummy after a year. Maybe two years is crossing the line....
You came to Utah??? What? I know, you were probably busy with family. I don't hate you for not seeing me.
Post a Comment