Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Two Sweet Baby Showers

First of all, whose showers are these really?  Luis always raises his eyebrows when I say MY baby showers.  But can I really call them OUR baby showers when he wasn't even invited?  Of course, the reason to have a baby shower is for the baby, so maybe they should be called BABY'S baby showers.  Anyways, on to THE baby showers.

The first shower was thrown by my boss and co-workers.  They took me out to The Old Spaghetti Factory where they treated me to dinner, cake, AND showered me with gifts for baby.







It was fun to be able to get together with these people I will miss now that I'm through working.  It also made our baby's arrival seem a bit more realistic.  

The second shower was thrown by my good friend, Brandi (plus a few assistants).


My first pack of diapers was a thrilling experience.  I'm guessing that goes away after awhile.


Afterwards, of course, I took everything out once more to show Luis.  He "oooo-ed" and "awww-ed" an acceptable amount of times, so I was happy.  I have since taken everything out once or twice more just to look at, but how can I help myself?  Everything is so little and cute!  Plus, just imagining my little girl's arms and legs in everything makes it all that much more precious.

2 comments:

Amber Madsen said...

HOW FUN!!! I wish I could come over & "oooh & ahhh" over all the cute little stuff! Oh the things I miss about having you CLOSE!!!

Charisse said...

I love little clothes! It is really fun to imagine what your little one will look like! Oh, and just so you know, I jump and shout for joy each and every time I buy diapers! ;)