Saturday, October 8, 2011

C.L.U.E. Night

Who doesn't love Clue?  It's one of those classic games that I loved as a child and I love as an adult.  So, when I saw this Clue Date Night idea, I knew I couldn't pass it up.
I started by making the invitations and sending them out.

Inside each "confidential" envelop, I put the actual invitation, 2 scanned Clue cards, and 2 weapons.  It was completely random, so I didn't even know what cards we would get until I opened up our envelop.


Each person had to dress like their character and bring their assigned weapon.  Admittedly, Luis and I were not as inspired as the other couples and they completely outshined us.  I didn't even have on red lipstick as any good Miss Scarlet would!


We began with a "fancy" dinner...I even got to pull out my china and borrow some linen napkins for the occasion.  Afterwards, we delved into solving the mystery behind who killed Mr. Body.

After a while, things started getting out of hand and it was hard to tell who the murderer was.
Even dear, sweet Lu turned on me.
Then again, there was a lot of that happening throughout the night.





 It took all the way until after cheesecake for Miss White to finally crack the case.


Thanks to the McGarys and Mohlmans for a hysterical night!
(Sorry I coughed on you all night.) 
  • Special thanks to the Mohlmans for providing an extra dinning room chair (Luis is espcially grateful since he would have been the one without).
  • Special thanks to the McGarys for bringing the linen napkins (dinner just wouldn't have been the same). 
  • Special thanks to Jen for taking all the pictures AND creating amazing photo shop creations.

5 comments:

*Brandi said...

You win! You posted first! I love your post. Now I will try to make my own without copying you and your hilarious humor. :) Thanks for planning such a fun night for us, Miss Ashley!

McFamily said...

I love how I have had the pictures for a week longer than both of you and somehow I manage to be LAST to post. Such a fun night though, I say we do another! Thanks for planning it!

Karisa Tomkinson said...

Oh my goodness! That looked like such a FUN night! You all are so creative!!! And, um... wow... BJ's hair, or lack of... I have no idea what to say to that. Ha ha!

Charisse said...

I'm so glad you got to have your fun night! It looks awesome! And I love the photoshopped pics!

Cami said...

Wow! That sounds like so much fun. I wanna play.