#1
In March, the Spanish branch asked me to play the piano for their Relief Society Birthday Celebration. While on the phone with the RS President, I was told to bring Luis along. (Despite my outrageous Spanish skills, I couldn't quite decipher every word of our conversation, so I wasn't sure why Luis was needed at this womens' event.) As it turned out, they needed him to play Joseph Smith. The sisters were impressed with how much he looked like Joseph Smith. I thought, REALLY?
#2
I was makin' me some smoothie goodness when I got in a fight with the blender. The resulting chaos was absolutely THRILLING!
#3
Luis was invited to a special ceremony where he was presented his scholarship certificates. I couldn't go since I had to work, so he took the camera with special instructions to 1) ask someone to take his picture on stage; and 2) bring the camera home. (Certain much-loved family members have a tendency to loose things.) Lu succeeded in 1/2 assignments. BUT, to make it up to me, he took these pictures at home to document the occasion. Looking at them makes me feel like I was right there at the ceremony!
Other newsie items of late:
- Today, my nose is runny. I try blowing in tissue, but my aim is really off, because I keep getting it all over my fingers. By the way, if you want to come over later, I'm making sandwiches.
- I was asked to conduct nursery singing time last Sunday. After 5 minutes I found myself singing with my by myself on the rug. Talk about awkward! Ideas for the next two Sundays?
- Speaking of with my by myself... http://www.hulu.com/watch/37752/saturday-night-live-the-lawrence-welk-show
- Luis & I went with the sister missionaries for an appointment. It was my first time, so I was, admittedly, a bit nervous.
- We had plans for a drive-in-movie date. It rained, so we stayed home and watched Tangled.
- Luis has employed me as his barber. I think I better start charging.
- I need a hair cut, but am 9 hours away from my favorite hair-dresser. What to do, what to do.
- Luis got accepted into a summer internship, which means we are no longer seeking a cardboard box in which to live.
- My co-worker got mugged after work as she walked to her car...and I leave an hour LATER. Wonderful!
- I bought veggie burgers yesterday. VEGGIE burgers. I made the mistake of letting Luis contribute to my shopping list. That's not happening again :)
- Luis reminded me last night to only put one "clover" of garlic in my Cafe Rio salad dressing.
3 comments:
I'm telling you...you should go to my friend Kelsi for your haircut. I'm not sure how long she used to work in a salon, but she is now a stay-at-home mom and is GREAT at cutting hair! I'm sure it's cheaper than anyplace you'll find around these parts too. :) How was your appointment with the missionaries? Sounds exciting! Veggie burgers? That's enough to gag a maggot.
I think we have the same blender. I hope it doesn't get any wild ideas from yours...Scary about the mugging. Be safe Ash, love you!!!
Ummm ... GROUSE!! Talk about loosing an appetite when you talk about a runny nose & THEN invite me over for a sandwich!!!
You are totally RANDOM & you better BE SAFE!!!
Post a Comment