January 9, 2010
This was the day Luis and I (Pepper and Salt) were married in the Salt Lake Temple. I was so worried that is would be a cold, stormy, ugly day. It was cold, but the weather was nice and while it wasn't what I would call a beautiful day, the pictures look really good. I had a cape and muff to wear to keep me warm, but our photographer let me wear them for about 3 pictures total. I was freezing! Now that I see the pictures though, I'm so glad they show my dress and not the cape.
I always thought it would be embarassing and awkward to be the center of so much attention and having so many people watching me all day long. (You know me. I never did get used to the Hollywood fame.) It wasn't like that at all - I really enjoyed it! By the end of our photo shoot, my numb and frozen feet were definately ready to be done.
The rest of the day is a bit of a blur. After we left the temple, we had lunch at the Golden Corral. I don't remember a lot about that part of the day. There was food and we ate...I guess there's not much more to say. Luis got a headache, that I do remember. All those noisy kids screaming and crying and moving around and stuff must have gotten to him. (Perhaps that's why we're moving away -ah, peace and quiet.) An hour after we finished eating we had to begin making preparations for the reception. I didn't have much time to fix my hair or makeup and I remember not quite caring either. Surprised? I am. The reception went quickly and then we performed the reception rituals and were through. I felt a little guilty leaving everyone else to clean up my mess, but then I remembered Charisse & Jason, Amber & Alan, Cory & Jennie, and Dennis & Julie, and decided it was their turn.
It really was a wonderful day. Best of all, Luis's family flew in from Seguin, TX to be with us for our wedding. It was so fun to have them with us...especially to see their faces as they experienced snow for the first time. Of course, my family was with us all day as well, which made the day all the greater.
1 comment:
Yay! You have a blog!! I expect many updates on your "peace and quiet"!!
Post a Comment